The Comfy™ Hand Thumb Orthosis is uniquely designed to support the thumb without stressing the web space between the index finger and the thumb known as the "Thenar Eminence". The thumb tab functionally positions the thumb without stretching the Thenar Eminence like the traditional "C" bar opposition hand splints, making the splint excellent for use on patients with tightly adducted thumbs. The splint is adjustable and re-adjustable without use of tools, making it easy to use and customize.
- Helps restrict arthritic changes and deformity related to neuromuscular impairment
- Corrects and controls radial or ulnar deviation
- The splint is adjustable and re-adjustable to individual patient without the use of heat or tools
- Splint cover is made of durable terrycloth that absorbs moisture and prevents skin maceration
- Latex free
Therapeutic uses of the Comfy™ Splints Hand Thumb Orthosis:
- Graduated extension of the spastic clenched fingers and wrist
- Controls wrist drop
- Positions the flaccid hand and wrist
- Maintains skin integrity by absorbing moisture, allowing air circulation and preventing skin maceration on palmer surface
- Allows for increased hygiene care by allowing nail care and cleaning of palmer surface
- Maintenance of functional position of the wrist and hand
Material: Choose between Headliner/Broad Cloth or Terry Cloth.
Option to purchase with an extra cover (note style desired in purchase options).
|Adult and |
|Navy Blue||Emerald Green||Turquoise||Purple|
|Size||Wrist to Tip of Middle Finger ||Total Length |
|Adult Large ||8" and Above ||13.75"|
|Adult|| 7" to 8" ||12.5"|
|Adult Small || 6" to 7" ||11"|
|Pediatric Large || 4.5" to 6" ||9.5" |
|Pediatric Medium || 3" to 4.5" ||8"|
|Pediatric Small || 2.5" to 3.5" ||7"|