Comfort Cool® Thumb Spica
Universal support with moldable thermoplastic stay provides a customized fit.
- Thin, 1/16" (1.6mm), perforated neoprene provides cool, lightweight support and compression. Neoprene can be trimmed and customized easily. Soft, terrycloth liner feels good against the skin.
- Use the special thumb strap to stabilize IP extension or trim the thumb tip below the IP joint for thumb IP motion.
- Three lengths offer varying amounts of support. Use the Short and Mid lengths to treat thumb CMC and MP arthritis, ligament injuries, MP fusion, tendinitis and joint fractures.
- Use the Long length to treat de Quervain’s, tenosynovitis, arthritis, wrist and thumb tendinitis, joint fractures and CMC joint arthroplasty.
- Includes a 3/32" (2.4mm) Omega™ Max thermoplastic insert for custom support. Removable insert restricts movement of the wrist and thumb joints and can be trimmed. Pocket helps pad the stay for a comfortable feel against the skin.
- To fit the thermoplastic insert, heat in warm water and mold, then place it into the inside pocket. Or, microwave the insert while it is in the splint, then mold on the patient directly where needed.
- Fits either the left or right hand.
To size, measure wrist circumference.
Short measures 5" to 6" (13 to 15cm) in length.
Mid measures 7" to 8" (18 to 20cm) in length.
Long measures 8" to 9" (22 to 24cm) in length.
Thank you for shopping at BraceMart!
Posted by Melinda on 2nd Jun 2017
Exactly like the ones my doctor gave me. Nice to be able to rotate to keep them keep clean! Great customer support - Will highly recommend BraceMart and shop here again!
Two thumbs up!
Posted by Tia on 11th Apr 2017
Both my thumbs have been extremely tender due to arthritis symptoms. I wear the braces on both thumbs day and night. The support has reduced pain about 50%. I can even write since I have the short length. My doctor recommended this support. I am thrilled with the pain reduction!
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed